Quality control clothing is the procedure used to make sure clothing goods satisfy the desired quality requirements. This is a crucial element of the fashion business since it supports continued brand profitability, consumer happiness, and brand reputation. Discover more about the advantages of clothing quality control with Dugarco and a few of the methods for doing this.
>>>> CLICK HERE: 12 Steps in the must- Have clothing manufacturing process
1. What is clothing quality control?
Clothing quality control refers to the process of making sure that clothing complies with specific quality requirements prior to being sold to customers. All procedures will be put into practice at factories to ensure the highest level of quality is maintained throughout the whole manufacturing process. There are several other quality control procedures, such as inspecting raw materials for faults and defects, ensuring that colors are accurate, assessing the finished product’s strength, and confirming that the apparel complies with the manufacturer’s standards.
Seams or stitching must be clean and robust, and all goods must be created to the same size and standard in the garment, accessory, and footwear industries. A manager or a quality control specialist would then examine the operations after various many quality control procedures that are followed by industrial workers.
>>>> WATCH NOW: Top 5 the best Vietnam clothing manufacturers prestige 2023
2. Importance and benefits of quality control clothing
Quality control in clothing industry is a key element in the apparel sector. Here are some advantages of adopting a procedure for the high quality control:
- Quality control is crucial because it helps guarantee that customers receive apparel that lives up to their expectations for comfort, fit, durability, and safety. Nobody likes to take a chance using a product that can put them in danger or fall short of expectations. By making sure your items are what they should be, you may boost brand loyalty since happy customers are more inclined to make repeat purchases.
- In the long term, investments in clothing quality control procedures may safeguard and improve the reputation of a brand, stop items from being unreliable, and create consumer trust, which will increase sales and profitability.
- In addition to lowering the danger of legal trouble and reputational harm, quality control clothing may assist producers in adhering to safety and environmental standards.
- These checks may ultimately enable you to save money. If a defective product escapes, it may be quite expensive for the producer to replace them with new ones if it is determined that they are to blame.
3. How to check the quality control clothing?
To ensure consumer happiness, brand reputation, and safety regulations, manufacturers must make sure that apparel complies with particular quality criteria. There are various procedures to check the quality of clothing. To assess the quality of a garment, these should be taken at three phases of the manufacturing, including pre, during, and post-production levels.
3.1. Pre-production clothing quality control
An essential phase in the manufacturing of garments is pre-production quality control, which entails spotting potential problems before the manufacturing process starts. To make sure they adhere to the necessary quality standards, designs, materials, and specifications are examined during this phase of quality control. Manufacturers can reduce the likelihood of final product faults by recognizing quality concerns at this stage and making the required repairs and adjustments before manufacturing begins.
3.2. Quality control of garments during the manufacturing process
A critical stage in ensuring that clothing is created to satisfy client expectations and standards is quality control clothing during the production process. During this phase of quality control, the materials, stitching, and structure will be examined, and it is confirmed that the garment satisfies the requirements specified by the manufacturer. To make sure the garment is robust and secure to wear, manufacturers may also carry out a number of tests during the manufacturing process, including colourfastness, shrinkage, abrasion resistance, and many more.
3.3. Quality check at the end of the production run
A last step in ensuring that clothing meets the intended quality requirements before it is distributed to clients is a quality check at the end of the production run. Quality control checks are performed at the conclusion of the manufacturing run to make sure the product is as described, matches the pre-approved sample, has the expected appearance, has not altered in colour after washing, have the stitches held, etc.
>>>> FIND OUT MORE: Making natural fabric dyes | A complete detailed guide
4. What are criterion tests for clothing include?
Clothing manufacturers may preserve consumer satisfaction and brand reputation by conducting criteria testing to make sure their goods satisfy the highest standards of quality and safety. There are a number of textile testing techniques that are useful for determining the fabric quality of clothing, such as:
- Physical tests for apparel: Physical tests for apparel are a crucial element of the clothing manufacturing process to guarantee that the clothing satisfies quality and safety requirements. These tests include the garment’s strength, durability, colourfastness, and shrinking, among other characteristics.
- Fabric tests for apparel: To assure the quality and longevity of the clothes, fabric tests for apparel are essential. The process is done by running a fabric sample through a series of tests and then the results are compared with predetermined standards. It usually includes checking the stitching over an inch, the fabric’s composition, and the fabric grams per square meter.
- Other tests for regulatory compliance: Customers are becoming more interested in purchasing ecologically friendly green items as the problem of environmental pollution becomes more challenging. Numerous regulations governing the manufacture of clothes have also been published and must be followed by manufacturing businesses, including regulations governing chemical composition such as: Banned Azo colorants and ozone-depleting chemicals, Heavy metal, pesticide residues, fungicides, flame retardants, OPEO,…
5. Ways to control the quality of clothes
In order to guarantee consumer happiness, brand loyalty, and financial success in the fashion sector, quality control clothing is crucial. Clothing quality control procedures can be used to find and stop flaws in garment goods. There are several ways to control the quality of clothing, both before and after the manufacturing process.
5.1. Set clear standards for clothing measurements
The first significant step in quality control clothing programs is the establishment of precise criteria for garment measurements. These guidelines must be founded on accurate, dependable measurements that account for variances in body size and shape. Standardized measurements would facilitate quality comparisons across various brands and retailers.
5.2. Conduct on-site clothing testing before stocking and delivery
Some clothing brands forego in-store testing because they believe that as long as the product performs as expected by the sample, everything will be good. However, testing on-site is required to make sure the product satisfies requirements for quality, functionality, and durability.
Fitting testing, seam strength tests, dry and wet crocking tests, fatigue tests, and stretch tests are all processes of clothing quality control. Therefore, testing on-site is essential to ensuring that garment goods adhere to quality requirements and are durable.
5.3. Implement quality control clothing in laboratory tests
In addition to simple physical checks, you are urged to pursue the scientific approach and have your materials evaluated for good quality control. This is especially important in the garment sector. To make sure they are suitable for the function and design of your product, scientific laboratories can do additional testing on your garment material and its accessories. Some accessories might not require laboratory testing since experts in the field can already examine them manually.
The following article has provided you with more information about the quality control clothing process. If you have any questions or would want to learn more about this control procedure, don’t hesitate to contact Dugarco for thorough help.
- Address: 59 Đức Giang, Đức Giang, Long Biên, HN
- Phone: 024 3655 7930
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://dugarco.com/en/
>>>> RELATED TOPICS:
- The detailed denim garment manufacturing process | 9 steps
- 15 Textile quality standards of clothing manufacturing companies
Dugarco under the talented leadership and guidance of Mr. Hoang Ve Dung has gradually become a large Vietnam clothing manufacturer, supplying clothes for many famous brands from many different countries such as the UK, USA, and Australia.