Cradle to Cradle Certification provides a comprehensive standard solution for businesses of all sizes. Tackle related sustainability topics and develop safe products. Learn more about this certification with Dugarco through the following article.
1. What is Cradle to Cradle Certified®?
Cradle to Cradle Certified® is the global standard for safe products, eliminating harmful substances in production. Brands and manufacturers rely on Cradle to Cradle standards to ensure they’re protecting the environment. All their products will have a positive impact on human life and the earth.
To achieve Cradle to Cradle Certification, products are evaluated and optimized by an accredited assessor for human and environmental health, recyclability or biodegradability, renewable energy use, carbon management, water stewardship, and social fairness. MBDC, founded by world-renowned architect William McDonough and chemist Prof. Michael Braungart, served as assessor for this project.
For the past 10 years, Cradle to Cradle Certified has been and will continue to help companies transform to optimize materials and products to the world’s most advanced scientific standards.
2. The Cradle to Cradle Certified® Product Standard
Vietnamese garment and textile manufacturers, when certified Cradle to Cradle Certified, help ensure the safety and friendliness of their products for people and the planet. To receive a certificate, companies need to meet the following 5 requirements:
– Material Health: teaching materials are safe for humans and the environment
– Product Circularity: enabling a circular economy through regenerative products and process design
– Clean Air & Climate Protection: protecting clean air, promoting renewable energy, and reducing harmful emissions
– Water & Soil Stewardship: safeguarding clean water and healthy soils
– Social Fairness: respecting human rights and contributing to a fair and society equitable
Reference source at: https://www.c2ccertified.org/get-certified/product-certification
This certification recognizes products through five levels of performance: Basic, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. To be certified at a level, a product must meet the minimum criteria for that level across all five criteria. The standards for each category become more stringent with each level of certification.
3. Advantages of Cradle To Cradle Certification
More than 150 companies from different countries have participated in the Cradle to Cradle Certified® Product Program audit and have issued more than 450 product certifications in the building materials, textiles, fabrics, and cosmetics industries. products, home care products, including paper, packaging, and polymers. Benefits of the Cradle To Cradle Accreditation:
- Your product is improved in quality.
- Environmental costs and safety costs in the production chain are reduced.
- Improve the company’s position in the market.
- This certification is recognized internationally. Stimulates creativity and product development in the industry.
- Make your product more relevant to the circular economy.
4. How to get Cradle To Cradle Certification?
With the processes of Cradle to Cradle Certification, businesses can step by step make their products suitable for a circular economy. So what are the main steps to getting certified?
- Step 1: Check that your product complies with the conditions of the certification
- The product must be within the scope of the certification.
- Not on the list of prohibited chemicals.
- There must be a commitment to the product to always improve.
- The product must qualify for the Cradle to Cradle Certified standard.
- Step 2: Choose a certificated agency to evaluate and analyze your products.
- Step 3: Work directly with reviewers to track and analyze data.
- Step 4: Get Cradle to Cradle Certification for your product.
- Step 5: Work with the Institute and your marketing teams.
- Step 6: Report your progress. Every two years businesses will work with assessors and the supply chain to evaluate new data for recertification.
5. What plans does Dugarco have for the future?
Dugarco is an eco friendly clothing manufacturer committed to providing consumers with safe clothes after going through the biological nutrition cycle. Dugarco is encouraging customers to buy environmentally responsible organic products. T-shirts are the first product in Dugarco’s cyclical fashion journey. We are committed to creating more Cradle to Cradle certified products. Dugarco is currently working with suppliers to discuss the upcoming product set.
6. What makes Dugarco approach this certification?
Dugarco believes that in the garment industry, we have many opportunities to “turn around” from a “take-make-waste” model to a circular production model. In practice, this means designing and manufacturing a product with the goal of its subsequent use. Extract the most value from that product during use, then recover and recycle the product. The materials after their useful life will be recycled and given another useful life.
Dugarco products are manufactured to the standards of Cradle To Cradle Certification. The article has summarized the most general information about C2C certification for you to understand and trust products according to this standard.
>>> See more related content:
- 15 Certifications Textile Industry Standards International
- 10 Benefits Of Eco Friendly Clothing That You Should Know
Dugarco under the talented leadership and guidance of Mr. Hoang Ve Dung has gradually become a large Vietnam clothing manufacturer, supplying clothes for many famous brands from many different countries such as the UK, USA, and Australia.